Life has options…and so do you!
First, Old McDonald’s Farm, Inc. is a nonprofit, children’s program providing hands-on, enriching, educational opportunities for children and their families so you can feel good about your funds helping us help children. Please call OMF to make reservations 503/695-3316 or you can email us at email@example.com.
Now you can learn the feeding, health and housing needs of all our “teaching tools,” the farm animals while you immerse yourselves in the sights and sounds of the farm program and enjoy nature also on our beautiful, 68-acre farm.
You and your family/friends may join us as our guests in several ways and enjoy a continental breakfast plus the two-hour Morning Chores package the next morning where you will meet, feed and learn all about the farm animals.
- You can stay indoors in our fully furnished Horse/Cow Barn Apartment (sleeps three) with the Bathhouse and a shower in our antique claw-foot tub;
- You can stay in our fully furnished Farm Cottage (sleeps two) with Outhouse or the Loo;
- Or you can Camp out under the stars by the fire pit area. You will not hear your neighbor’s “boom box” at 2:00 in the morning, guaranteed. Bring your tents and set it up or just your sleeping bags and pads to enjoy the outdoors.
- A nice walk on our property or on our nature trail;
- Meet our farm animals, including our horses, cow, dogs, goats, sheep, geese, ducks, chickens, cats, pig, etc.;
- Gather your family around our fire pit ($30, all you can burn in one night) so you can enjoy open flame and cook what you bring, such as smores’ or hot dogs;
- Play horse shoes;
- Swing on our horse swing;
- Play on our cool, antique tractor;
- Hay wagon ride around the farm ($40);
- The Morning Chores package, two hour feeding, meeting and learning about all the farm animals ($50);
- One hour Horse Riding Lesson ($50), we can do one person (1 hour) or two people (30 minutes each);
- Seasonal berry picking is available also and is just a couple of farms away. (The prices vary.)
Also, enjoy scenic views located just miles down the Historic Columbia River Highway. We are not far from Crown Point and the Vista House (about 4 miles) and Multnomah Falls (about 10 miles). We are located about 20 minutes from the Portland airport also. You will likely need a car though, as there is no bus service.
The Barn Apartment: $69 for two people and $25 extra for the third person;
The Farm Cottage: $49 for two people, maximum;
Camp Out by the fire for up to six people-$100 and $10 per person past six.
These prices include staying overnight; one staff person on site initially to help you get settled in and show you around; continental breakfast (yogurt, granola, orange juice, milk, coffee, tea or hot chocolate); and one staff person the next morning to teach the Morning Chores package ($50 extra). The class is approximately two hours in length. Check-in is usually 4:00 p.m. and check out is 12:00 noon the next day but let us know what will work for you.
Farmer For a Day Add-ons
Remember, Old McDonald’s Farm, Inc. is a nonprofit, children’s program providing hands-on, enriching, educational opportunities for children. Please call OMF to make reservations 503/695-3316 or you can email us also at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you soon!