No Notes at this time.
“Read & Ride A Horse” For Adults! September 10, 2022, 9:00-4:00
“Read & Ride A Horse” For Adults!
Saturday One-Day Workshop at Old McDonald’s Farm, Inc.
September 10, 2022, 9:00-4:00
Join Old McDonald’s Farm, Inc. (a non-profit, children’s program) for a One-Day Workshop!
At the “Read & Ride A Horse” Workshop, learn how to “read” a horse and what equine are thinking. They are big animals; it is important to know how to read them and to not get hurt. Explore the health and feeding needs of different equine (horses, donkeys, ponies and miniatures). Discuss waste and mud management, predators and pests, horse housing, “no hoof-no horse,” proper grooming techniques, etc. Plus, have a short horse riding lesson as well. Meet our other Farm Program animals such as geese, ducks, chickens, rabbits, cats, dogs, pig, goats, sheep, and our cow also. This class is taught by an Oregon State Certified Teacher with 3 decades of farm animal experience and 5 decades of equine experience. Come see and learn at our beautiful, educational Farm Program in Corbett (just past Troutdale). We are located just twenty-five minutes east of downtown Portland.
For adults 17 years of age and older only.
Participants must be able to lift themselves up onto a horse by themselves. We will assist for safety but you must be able to follow our mounting/riding instructions and have the strength and stamina to mount a horse on your own.
- Sack lunch, snacks (long day), & water bottle
- Horse riding or bike helmet
- Long pants (no shorts or capri pants)
- Jackets (Corbett is cool in the mornings)
- Hiking or riding boots (running shoes are not safe)
- Well fitted riding or “garden gloves”
- You must have your bangs, “wispies” and all hair pulled back and pinned down. It is not safe for any hair flopping in your face. Do not forget, you have to get your helmet over your hair!
- No mobile phones allowed please.
Come join us and share the ride with a friend. Five adults required to run this class and ten people maximum.
$129 per adult.
You must be an adult and over the age of 18 to fill out this registration information below. Only adults can register their child that is under the age of 18.