The Summer Program - 2023
- Each of our 6 weeks of THE SUMMER PROGRAM has the same amount of horse husbandry and horse riding time no matter the academic focus animal.
- Each of our 6 weeks of THE SUMMER PROGRAM has the same amount of time to meet, feed and learn about all of the other Farm Program animals too.
Get out of the city and grow, learn and thrive at our educational Farm Program for children. Enjoy one of six weeks of The Summer Program and participate in hands-on, educational activities with more than 30+ farm animals including chickens, geese, goats, sheep, rabbits, pig, horses, donkey, pony, and cats and dogs too! Learn the care and maintenance of each of the farm animals and get active with gardening, game time, learn to ride a horse and more. Academics are important; the entire program is taught by an experienced, Oregon State Certified Teacher with over 40 years of livestock experience. We are a non-profit, children’s program with a goal to “teach and reach” children and youth. Please bring a sack lunch.
The Summer Program is for for students going into 2nd-6th grades. 18 students max. $299 per week. $58 for the bus.
The Short Summer Program “Chicken Chat” is for K-2nd grades only. 18 students max. $149. NO BUS!
Jr. Vet. Program (Week) – 2023
Each year we teach a different Jr. Vet. Program (Week). In the past, we have taught, a Jr. Vet. Equine Week (horses and ponies), a Jr. Vet. Ruminant Week (goats, sheep and cows), a Jr. Vet. Feline/Canine (cats and dogs), etc. We change it each year. All of these Program Weeks include health, housing and feeding needs of the subject animal(s). If you have ever thought about becoming a veterinarian or a vet. technician, then this is the class for you. Learn the diagnostic plan that Vets. use to determine a treatment plan. Learn how to maintain health, the lifespan and life stages of the animals, how to treat ailments, when to call a Vet., how to vaccinate and de-worm, the K.I.S.S. principle and more. The Jr. Vet. Program (Week) is taught by an Oregon State Certified Teacher with 40 years of livestock experience. We are a non-profit, children’s program with a goal to “teach and reach” children and youth. Please bring a sack lunch.
For students going into 4th-9th grades. 18 students max. $339 per week. $58 for the bus.
Parents/Guardians Please Note:
- With staffing shortages last summer and also it is super hard to find skilled help for our educational Farm Program with the required skill set needed, we are only offering Monday-Thursday programs this summer.
- Our programs are not a “camp” but an academic and skill building program and each day builds on the knowledge that they learned the day before. If your child misses a day, they will miss a great deal of information and then will be at a disadvantage. Please join us all four days.
- Friends and Family please join us on Thursdays at 2.00 sharp for the Presentations for the Parents. End time is 3.15-3.30.
Student Camp Counselors (13 and up) Click Here